Thursday, August 06, 2009

Rock, meet hard place

I want to start a music blog but then I get lazy and don't feel like writing the first post or trying to personalize a webpage. Even though I've written about a hundred posts in my head to justify how fun it would be to expose other people to random awesome songs. But then I don't know how many times I'll be able to preface each song with "awesome" before people question my ability to write and to use synonyms. It would be easier to compile a list of quality songs but that would be the complete lazy gal's way out. So tempting. I've got no expectations to reach Brooklyn Vegan status or have the desire to write off putting reviews like Pitchfork, but music is so incredibly fascinating.

I tried to explain it once to someone that music is amazing as it's never repeated. You have these same sets of notes and chords but rearranged to create something unique. And then I also wonder, why bother when I know only Carol would read. Hmph.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I can read it twice if it makes you feel better?

Also, maybe if a daily or whatever blog is too much, you can join up with another one and do a weekly music round up, or biweekly or whatever.

Justin wanted to start a collabo blog, or whatever, or you can you can do guest entries on TOTI if you'd like. I'll email you the password.