Monday, October 30, 2006

Mellon Collie and the Infinite...

I love tiptoe hugs because they make me feel like I'm trying to reach you. So I have to stand tall, as tall as possible that I might be on the level as you. Because some days, and some times, you just seem faraway. So I love hugs on tiptoes. And I love midday naps where I know the afternoon sun is on my face but the blanket is still wrapped around my legs like a chain to remind me to stay on earth instead of strange far off daydreams. Then there are the sad love songs that make me so happy because I hope that the writer was so incredibly and deeply in love that the loss was that devastating for him to write a song. He carved words from his melancholy and strung his sighs into a melody. And in his kindness, he chose to share his heartache with me.

But I don't love my words, not a bit, because I don't have much to share anymore.

No comments: