Thursday, November 30, 2006

And beyond?

Apparently, the UN is hiring a librarian for their Beirut sector, among other positions like secretarial jobs in Zimbabwe where knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage. That and they actually have a position entitled "Scientist." How ridiculously mindblowing is that?

But so it goes, I say. Which I've been saying a lot recently...in my head. People are leaving, people are staying, people are coming. My office boss is trying to convince me to stay for another year at UCSD. Here, I'll have a job, school to keep me busy, and housing to keep me sheltered. But come June, I'll make like a tree and getting the fuck out of here. I'm "over" the school thing, "over" the current job, and am looking forward to newer, scarier things where not all is so clearly set in stone.

But hey, so it goes.

No comments: