Sunday, July 16, 2006

I see a little silhouette of a man

I love the commercials for the drink Fanta. Something about girls in colorful, body tight clothes asking me if I "wanna Fanta" with them that intrigues me. I had no idea that Fanta had so many different flavors that I now want to collect all 75 bottle labels nor was I aware of how many countries it's sold in (at least 50!!!). I don't care so much about their taste but I just think it would be neat to collect them. I feel that this is a valid obsession if some people can collect stamps and belly lint.

Sunday night TV scheduling has a lot of "interesting programming." I'm currently watching a Discovery Channel documentary on the 2004 tsunami tragedy with my dad. This makes up for the fact that he watches Fox News and I still can't determine if he watches it for its absurdity value or for its terrible blitzkrieg, poor man's imitation of Larry King-style interviews. I just found myself suckered into watching a "God compels the devil out of you" type of informercial, to which I might continue watching out of sheer curiosity. And if I call now, I can receive my very own Miracle Holy Water. I'm not sure what good that will do for me, but it never hurts to have Holy Water in case a poltergiest might attack my house. And we all know how frequently that happens.

(Answers: The Byrds, Bob Dylan, or Peter, Paul and Mary. The hint was written with just the first two in mind and it wasn't until the other day that someone informed PPM covered "Mr. Tambourine Man." I would have awarded points nonetheless if PPM was given.

HINT: six part greatness, one part headbang, all worthy of Her Majesty)

No comments: