Tuesday, September 19, 2006

100 years of solitude, or just a day

Living on campus is more lonely than I thought it would be. A sea of people and none to talk to. The irony. I am glad Di's around, even though she's off campus. And I'm glad Joanne and Di are my friends--why does this sound like a call for help or a third grade essay?--because I think I would go batshit crazy not being able to curse or say stupid, dirty things and get away with it. I'm surprised we put up with each other's shit as well, like that time they invited me to dinner but did a drive by watergun shooting instead by cornering me and aiming for my crotch. Bitches. But there was that time we lynched Jimmy, Di's teddy bear. And that time, we tricked Joanne into hiking in her flipflops and skirt. So I suppose, tit for tat, bitches. Tit for freaking tat.

I'm lonely because there's no one around. Literally. My roommates aren't home and all the friends that I do have on campus are RA's and they're out and about doing their RA things. And I'm not an RA so goodbye to my involvement in that.

I also went to dinner alone tonight. And as pathetic as that may sound, I didn't mind but it really made me miss Erin and Di, especially from sophomore year when we would go to Ventanas for lunch and then gossip. Twas the life. You would have thought that working for retail for a year and thus having lunch breaks by myself would have toughen me or built my apathy instead of having me reminisce. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past?" Sure, why not, Gatsby. But here's to drinking to my death tonight after watching what will hopefully be a good terrible movie.

No comments: