Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lip my stocking

I had a Babel moment today. Not in the miscommunication way, but in the reliving one of the scenes way. It was the scene where the deaf girl licks her dentist in the middle of her appointment. Differences between my moment and her? I'm not deaf. It wasn't a dentist. And I certainly didn't lick him. It was a trip to the optometrist for me today and as he was peering into my eyes with his flashlight wand, I realized, "Wow, you really are close enough to lick." I didn't act on it, because I'm not THAT starved for touch or attention. Nonetheless, the thought did cross my mind. Why am I telling this story? Because it's the only thing of slight interest that's happened this past week. Oh, there was that revelation that smokers and drinkers never quit those vices. They just stop.

I saw this card off the postsecret website. Last week? This week? Frank N'Furter would just tell us that time is fleeting.


Instant connection for the first time in some while that I've been visiting that website. I'm just craving stability.

No comments: