Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Wildfire 07! Oh noes!

I'm alive. And well. And about a hundred miles away from the fire that's plaguing San Diego. Wow. It's deja vu all over again because four years ago, some part of LA was burning while SD wasn't doing any better. History just repeats itself all the time, huh?

So basically, for the non-Californian folks, there's about four fires in the SD area. One fire has been contained. And the other three are creating fodder for the news and giving one journalist somewhere a promotion. Cynicism at a time like this? Why not? I'm worried but it's a helpless situation of man versus nature. Nature is going to whoop man's ass that I bid all of the firefighters and official good luck with this battle because they're going to need it. And that's an actual sincere statement.

Go here for updates: http://www.signonsandiego.com/firemap/

Oh, and the fire that's threatening my area is called the Witch Fire. I'm sorry but that's too Salem Witch Trials for me to take it seriously. I mean, the actual fire, yes. Name of fire, not so much.

But honestly, I just want to go home.

No comments: