Monday, September 29, 2008

It's a Radiohead-OK Computer day

It's gloomy. And humid. Initial thoughts: Holy fuck, I'm in Asia. Followed up with a semi-deep longing for rainy days in Vietnam where I'm on the back of a motorbike on a dirt road, knowing that when I get off the bike, there will be splatters of mud on my leg like a rough draft of a Jackson Pollack painting. There were the walks for ice cream despite the slight drizzle. The sways on hammocks upon concrete miniature islands as we fished for our food. I'm feeling nostalgia at it's best right now and I'm looking forward to mad dashes on cobblestone roads in surprising rain.

I am a big fan of lists. Five Songs that Seem Too Close for Comfort to my Life Lyrically

1. Starry Configurations by Jets to Brazil
2. Been a Son by Nirvana
3. Nothing Gets Crossed Out by Bright Eyes
4. Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division
5. Lua* by Bright Eyes

*by Lua, I kinda mean the entire I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning album but I went for most accurate song.

No comments: