Monday, December 07, 2009

Tales from Nippon

December is a frigid month where I tend to spend my days under bed covers and wish that the holiday season was over. It's too much and too overwhelming. Lights, people, parking lots, and this crunch for time. No, thanks.

So because I didn't blog any tales from when I was over in Japan for my brief stint, here's an entry for each weekday of the month retelling an event.

The Tokyo Metro is amazing! And with Ang's handy dandy book, we were able to figure out transfers and final station destinations easily and quickly.

They need maps for the city tacked on every street corner though or GPS system attached to the legs of tourist because our second to last day, she and I ventured to Shibuya and got pretty lost. I didn't realize it until our fifth alley, but we were in the Love Hotel district. When I did, I couldn't stop laughing and kept peering any any couple that walked down the alley, curious if they had stayed for a short rest or a full night stay. Now I regret not taking pictures of the hotel signs that ranged from Princess Hotel to Love Romance.

Sadly, that wasn't the only red light district I ventured into during my stay in Tokyo and Kyoto. Though, in my defense, it was the only one that I walked around in unintentionally.

No comments: