Wednesday, May 30, 2007

12 hours in LA

Left San Diego around 3 and arrived about 3 hours later. That meant Di, Ryan, and I had too many hours to kill in Hollywood so of course, we ventured to Amoeba where we all walked away with armloads of CDs. I don't care what anyone says; I'm damn proud that I bought the Guns 'n' Roses CD. Along with Elliott Smith's New Moon.

Met up with the friend's boyfriend, went to a hamburger joint where they played Dancing Queen in the restroom and your check came in a scary 4-inch pump. Oh West Hollywood. The only thing that I could take away from yesterday is that never again will I ever listen to Sound Team. I have seen bad sets before, but this took the cake. In fact, Sound Team took the fucking cake, ran away with it and had some sort of food fight with the cake. The opening band for Minus the Bear gave me a heart attack every time the singer sang in his grating, garage band shouting voice but there was something endearing about that band. Sound Team brought forth the urge to induce physical harm to the band members, like chucking hard fruit. I think I was musically offended after their set. It was too bad, too, because it really took away from the headliner, Voxtrot. Their lead singer carried the entire show but that's what lead singers do.

In other random news, somehow Camels has my UCSD mailing address and has been sending me odd stuff. First was a postcard that I ignored. But then they send me a purple rhinestone lighter today along with gift certificates and a guidebook. Um, did I get confused with Elton John?

No comments: