Saturday, August 12, 2006

What difference does it make?

You know when a friend tells you something about another friend and your initial response is: "Ewww, why did you tell me that??" Not cool is what I have to say about being put in a recent situation as such. And the something in question isn't dirty or gross, just peculiar and I still want to know why the information had to be shared. I guess, when one falls, we all have to fall. Or some pack mentality like that.

I know it's only August but I've been killing myself with thoughts about my last year of college before entering the "real world" and so far, I still don't know what I'm going to do. There are many things I'd like to do, but that's a hop, skip, and long jump away from what I can do. I mean, what are the chances of me being a mad rocket scientist by day and glam rock star by night? Nil. But let's move along to June 2007 when graduation will take place. At the moment, I don't want to walk across the stage to get my diploma. They mail that sucker to you, anyhow. Plus, Marshall College has this wonky notion of letting you walk across the stage with two other people as a nod to your last four, five years and how you could not make it without the assistance of others. Attached to the right and left hand aside, I'd rather not walk to avoid the sweltering June heat, the long assembly, and the trite speeches. Walking is a "sight to be seen" for the mom and pop's but what's the point if they're going to be on stage with you? Then again, maybe I will walk but I wonder if they'll let me walk with a cardboard cut out of Kelly Kapowski and Zack Morris. If not, then Brodie Bruce and Buffy Summers, at the least.

(mundane like the jones)

No comments: